Monday, January 21, 2013

Blogs & Blogging - New Ideas

When looking through the Blogs & Blogging page, I found that one teacher frequently uses media clips from the "Teaching Channel".  This site has clips that run in length from a few minutes to just under an hour that gives teachers great ideas for lessons within their classrooms that use DOK (Depth of Knowledge) questions for higher critical thinking.  Below is one clip that I found relevant to my social studies class as we study the aspects of culture throughout the year and the majority of my students are either 1st or 2nd generation emigrants.  It was also interesting for me as I have introduced to my class written material on the "Lost Boys of Sudan."  Click on "Exploring Emigration:Cultural Identity" below to brink up the link for your viewing.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this website, what a great resource! I love the lesson that the teacher taught, it really resonated with her students and allowed them to think deeply about the varieties of cultures and how people interact with one another. Great find!

    ReplyDelete