Monday, February 4, 2013

Fun With Flickr

When it comes to technology, I am, well lets just say, challenged.  However, when reading chapter 7 in will Richardson's book, Blogs, Wikis and podcasts, I became really excited and eager to start using Flickr.  There was a number of great ideas that I can use in the classroom to involve not only the students in my class, but parents and others in the community.  Students are able showcase their work for others to view, whether it be a class present, a piece of poetry, or a tour of a school field trip.  It would be amazing for my students in my social studies classes to connect with other students from different parts of the world.  For example, I am currently teaching a unit on Canada.  It would be incredible if I could set up a folder for each province and get kids from each region to interact with my students, offer insight into the cultural differences, and discuss issues that affect both our countries.  Another activity that Im really pumped about is using it to teach geography, getting kids involved with google earth, and using the schools digital cameras for students to take and post pictures of the town and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment