Sunday, February 10, 2013

PBSKids & Point of View

Had the chance to look at the website on PBS Kids and found it to be very good.  I originally thought it may gear towards a younger audience, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went to the teacher section of their website.  On it I found lesson plans on a wealth of subjects and POV film Clips.  I thought this was a great way to introduce Point of View to older students.  The clip below follows a blind man in NYC from his own point of view.  In another clip, a young mother was followed as she chose to put her baby up for adoption.  In  this clip, it also presented the adoptive parents point of view, so students were better able to get a "Full picture."   Other Film clips were presented in both cartoon & real Life images - but all with a message.  If you get a chance, check it out.  Again, although this part of the website is for an older audience, there were still other parts of the site dedicated to younger students.


Watch Video | Sound of Vision: Short Films | POV | PBS

2 comments:

  1. I've always assumed it was for younger kids too, so I've never visited the site for my own teaching. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of PBS!!! Look through their full length videos too...they have some great stuff!!! I use the NOVA science stuff for my classes and usually I can find something that aligns perfectly with the curriculum. There is so much to learn and I find that supplementing with this usually helps tremendously in driving the point home for some of my harder to reach students!

    ReplyDelete